Almost two months later, we celebrate!
Well, for Pop's birthday, we threw him a party.
Actually, Gee said "So, what? You want a party or what?"
And Dad said, "Oh, no. A party is too much trouble..."
And Gail said, "Okay. So who do you want to invite?"
Then Baby Noodles in Gail's belly said she couldn't work on the party because she was just. not. feeling. good. And Baby Noodles in Gail's belly said she just. better. concentrate. on. growing. a. baby.
So, instead of Gail handling everything...she handled just most things.
I was in charge of
1. invitations (which I messed up--sorry lady at the wrong phone number who got plenty of RSVPs for my Dad's party)
2. decorations - ABSOLUTELY NO BALLOONS "But Heather," you may say, as others did before you, "children love balloons. Children and grownups! Love balloons! Balloons are festive!"
NO! I say. No balloons. Balloons are lame-o! Balloons ruin the world! Balloons are dangerous and I hate them! There's never enough to make a real statement and I cringe while looking at children playing with them, waiting for the balloon to pop, waiting for that loud sound while they grab the balloon too tight...I hate balloons. And it's stupidly spelled. So, we made tissue paper pompoms and garland ourselves and it was fine. My cake plates, however, fell apart. Before transport. And maybe I cried a little bit, but it's because I loved them so... So, I'm 0 for 2.
3. Some desserts - Cupcakes and mini lemon meringue pies. Done. Good. Except the cupcakes weren't iced right...and I forgot the blue dye for them...so I'm 0 for 3.
4. Some party favors! I did that okay, but really I just ordered them, Gail found 'em.
5. Pictures! I did that a-okay!
As you can see, one of the party "activities" was a photo op with my Pops! While wearing spectacularly big glasses (just like his!)
For more pictures, view the set on Flickr of Dad's 70th Celebration Spectacular!
We had a great time! Gail did a great powerpoint, John and Rich kept all the kiddies occupied (an admirable job, including "pin the glasses on Peepah!). And...my poor little cakeplates!
Thanksgiving also gave way to this picture:
Introducing: The Professor! Things that make you go "HMMM".
I'll leave off with a couple of pictures of my other friends:
Mr. Seanie Bear Meagher!
I also convinced my friends to make a second Thanksgiving dinner in January. Yum. Turkey stuffing and cranberry sauce...all over again.