Thursday, October 15, 2009

Favorite Kids Books...Part I

I feel justified to say Part I because I read a lot of books and am bound to forget some that I really like.

The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
Sweet and awesome book about what could happen if we encouraged nature to take over...

The Man Who Didn't Wash His Dishes by Phyllis Krasilovsky, illustrated by Barbara Cooney
If you didn't wash your dishes, eventually there would be a consequence. I super love the 50s illustrations by Barbara Cooney. It's totally red and black and white like an old school Italian restaurant.

The Birthday Fish by Dan Yaccarino
Cynthia wants a pony, and gets a fish instead. What to do, what to do...

Franny B. Kranny, There's a Bird in Your Hair! by Harriet Lerner and Susan Goldhor, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
I'm pretty sure the title says it all. But Franny B. Kranny marches to her own beat, which I always dig.

Squids will be Squids by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith
Why is this book so funny? I'm not sure. But it is an easy way to tell new parents that there is still an awful lot of funny things that they can laugh at with their kids.

The Sheep Fairy: When Wishes Have Wings byRuth Louise Symes, illustrated by David Sim
Wendy is just your average sheep--but a good deed makes some crazy stuff happen...and she saves the day! What could be better?

So this is just a few. If I haven't gotten these for your kids, and you want 'em, I'll be sure to add those titles to your holiday stuff.

No comments: