Monday, October 27, 2008

Poor Cinderella
having to be transported inside that pumpkin. Having gotten a whiff of rotten pumpkin yesterday, I sympathize with her.
Yesterday, the gals (and one child and three boys) went pumpkin picking out on the island. Some of stayed over at Joe's PopPop's house in Peconic the night before (with Gail and Joe and Jack), and some of us just came out for the day.
Highlights include:
IMG_5498
IMG_5467
Turkey Hats! (brought to you by the O'Hara sisters)IMG_5523
We bought ourselves a kid!
Just kidding of course. This is Liam, who was entertained for quite some time in that shopping cart.
IMG_5556
We picked pumpkins! Well, I didn't pick pumpkins, because I don't really like that sort of thing. I took pictures of pumpkins.
IMG_5616
Liam runs among the "unkins!" Dude, he really dug the pumpkins. There was like a gadrillion, and I think he looked at three quarters of 'em. Maybe he'll be a farmer!
IMG_5601
I got to wear my new hat! I felt a little like I should be selling newspapers, guv'nor.
The only lowlight was when one of the cars wouldn't start, but we all worked together to fix it!
IMG_5491
Try to wipe off the corrosion. When that doesn't work, you pray to Baby Cheezits:
IMG_5504
When that doesn't work, you call the AAAman:
IMG_5517
but he totally fixed it! Yee Ha!

Great pics from the day include (but are not limited to):
IMG_5549
Liam and Brain
IMG_5572
Shannon and Cat
IMG_5583
Katie and Joe
IMG_5591
Alicia Kate and Colleen. There's something weird about this pumpkin lap thing.
IMG_5649
And a swinging good time.
Then we ate lunch. Then we went to the outlets. I got some pants. I'm sure that sounds exciting. It was. I also got a little special something for me and Katie's halloween costumes. At the Nike outlet, cuz I'm athletic like that.

2 comments:

I said...

Hmmm....well, that's very nice and all, but what is the story about Dad being a supernice guy?

feathermar said...

Here's a story:
I was (due to a strange course of events) in the bold o'donoghues one night, and a man started telling me about how much he loves dad, and then he cried.
On me. Just saying " Your dad is such a nice guy."