Tuesday, October 07, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY POPS!


My papa is known for his generous heart, his borderline obsessive organization, and his giant glasses.


He's also a supernice guy. I will tell you a little story about that later.


But it is his 70th birthday--today!


IMG_1262



Me and Pops this summer.


hohoho

Pops with Baby Seanie...


pop_and_loch

My award winning picture of Pop and Loch (Honorable Mention...whatevs)


Pop Carter and Loch

Pops reading to Loch and Carter back in the day...


IMG_4856

Like Grandpa, Like Granddaughter...

IMG_0005
Pops with me and Gail. I'd have to be around five, which would make Dad around 45. I think we were at some kind of fair...

IMG_0004
At Aunt Jean and Uncle Bernie's after playing some poker. Mom and Pop must be around 45 or 46, as I still have long hair, which got chopped when I was seven.

IMG_0003
Me, Gail and Pop with Aunt Jean's dog, Shannon, who I loved so much.

IMG_0002a
At the beach, Bear Camp Pond, with Gail, Richie and John. Before I was born

IMG_0002
At Sue's wedding with Aunt Edith, John Feak, Sue and Dave, and John Mimnaugh.

IMG_0001
Pops. In his younger years. Same bat glasses, same bat channel.

IMG
With my mom. 1984? 1985?

IMG_1013

with his sisters, this year. And quite a few years ago, with Uncle Bill, as well:

IMG_0006

And, just to prove that he's not the only one getting old:

pboys

Look at these young men from the Year of the Pimp Hat...

Happy Birthday to My Pops! You get a BirthdayTwoMonths, it is decreed!

Because, hey, you don't turn 70 every day...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts
-good job feather...you compiled quite a trip down memory lane!
-I love the super blue coat I'm wearing in the picture with you and Dad on the front steps...( I actually don't- I had quite a few ugly furry coats in my day- faux of course)
-I feel a little sad because of the people in the pictures that are not around anymore- like Mom, Uncle Bernie and Uncle Bill
- but mostly I feel happy that our Dad is 70. and you did a good job on this.
Love, Gail

Anonymous said...

What great birthday greetings to your Dad and my Uncle!! I love all the pictures. We're all grown up now and our families are growing - a new generation to love.
Terrific job Heather. You are right - Uncle Rick is a special father, uncle, grandpa, and brother.