Nerdy Thirty for Spinster Librarian!
I am 30 in 4 days, officially. So on Sunday, the coolest among us went to Astoria to the Beer Garden (and, apparently, Bohemian Hall), an outdoor picnic-y happy-go-lucky place to celebrate my gigantic 3-0!
Here's what happened:
1.It was raining.
2.We took a school bus from my house!!! On a Sunday! It came to my front door and we got on the school bus and opened the snack bag and ate our snacks (Mini Pringles and Smartfood popcorn and Pretzel Goldfish)
3. The sun came out when we were on the Grand Central.
4. I wore a PLAID cowboy hat that Joe and Gail brought back from Colorado!
5. I ate a little of everyone's potato pancakes...and then Bobby got me my own!
6. Lots of people wore cowboy hats!
7.Special guest stars include (but are not pictured in their entirety):
Cass, Rich and Carter, John and Bean, Paul and AnneMarie, Burns! Dawn, Bobby, Michelle and Melissa, and Schmelly Melly!
Plus, Mr & Mrs. Beyrer, Mom and Pop Conn, and Mr and Mrs. O'Hara! And my Dad! And Scotty! And Erin, Brian, and Liam!
Of course, Always Special Guest Stars Joe and Gail, Alicia and Katie, Shannon and Cat!
8. Katie snuck in this beautiful cake (for which I was a little nervous):
I'm sort of not a rule breaker.
9. Gail and John did not come to blows:
but all of my gal friends ganged up on John and said "We are not afraid of you, John!" Alicia is very empowered by this show of solidarity. He'll turn you against each other ladies! You'll never know how he planted the ideas in your mind.
10. Gail beat everybody at Connect Four, with the exception of Melanie and Joe B., Gail's husband. Everyone else, however, was trounced.
11. Then some of us went back to Gail's house to play Rock Band:
where Gail and AnneMarie bonded:
Katie developed her "thinking face"
"It's all for the music, dude"
And Paul was deemed "hopeless" by Gail.
But that's because he is a real rock star, and therefore cannot pretend in a game.
All in all, it was a superduperfantastic birthday party, even with the rain and the mud!
But one thing I didn't tell you...we weren't allowed to dance. I guess they're a little Amish at the Beer Garden. It was like being in Footloose. I know what you went through, Kevin Bacon. The dance is in me, too. And sometimes it's just gotta come out!!!!