Monday, September 10, 2012

In Which We go To Brimfield

We've gone before, and we'll go again, but never with a tornado looming (just the warning, though, but still scary and a little sad to think of all of those tents, full of treasures). Brimfield is not a place for great deals (not like garage sale-y deals) but it is a place to see everything there is to see! We always learn a lot, and ask people about things that they are selling that we've seen before. It's a great place to find out about prices, and I usually find some kitschy stuff that I can resell on Etsy that isn't worth much to the hardcore "antiquers".
Most of the things I bought, I can't take great pictures of in the current twilight. But I got this AWESOME orange rubber-covered egg basket:

We saw these weird and interesting dolls:

They scared me at first, but now they are growing on me. And this is the lady who makes 'em:

And I didn't buy this guy, but I wanted to sooo badly. Man oh man, I wanted to buy him. He was pretty big, though, and we have a tiny car.


I did buy this duck, though, and got a non-fuzzy picture (with a lot of crap in the background-apologies). It's certainly handmade, and it walks. It's blue and red.

 I'll try and post my other finds this week, as I photograph them.

2 comments:

BeckyKay said...

I dream of going there one day....

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I love that old womans dolls, they rock!