Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I read magazines.

A lot of magazines. I work in a library, and the library subscribes to magazines, and I take them home and read them when they are allowed to be circulated. I read American Craft, and Crafts and Things, Women's Day, Natural Health, Health, Better Homes and Gardens, what used to be Workbench, and sometimes People (although it's like eating too much candy...) I love reading magazines.
But my absolute favorite of the past few years has been Readymade. I loved Readymade magazine. I even subscribed to it at home! And now it's over.
Do you remember Blueprint? Oh, Blueprint, you were every thing a gal could ask for. Resourceful, adorable, with good pictures and clothes I both wanted to wear and could afford to buy. You had ideas I liked. And you were reasonably priced.
I know people talk about Domino, but I thought it was a little clique-y and snide.
Last year I subscribed to Uppercase, which was a little too art-y for me. This year I subscribed to Anthology, which was awesome. I try to subscribe to just one magazine a year, because those indie ones are expensive!
So, to sum up: I love 'em. I want 'em. But they keep disappearing on me, and I don't know if I can emotionally invest in another. What's the world coming to?

No comments: