Friday, December 10, 2010

Tis the Season to Be Cranky

Seriously, sometimes I like Christmas as much as the next person. I like gingerbread, and at the library people make us homemade peppermint bark and other treats, and I make a lot of really beautiful paper snowflakes.

But taking everything out and putting up the tree and scattering the decorations in an already full house only reminds me that I have to take it down again and put it away. And then there are the gifts and the baking and the food and the wrapping and the tiredness and then it is over. I'm sure that I would love to make presents for the whole world, but unfortunately, I have to go to work, so the fun stuff - the stuff that I LIKE to do - I'll never get to do until I retire and then I probably will hate making stuff because my hands will be a mess from all the carpel tunnel.
Bah humbug. We're mortal. And uncrafty. The end.
fa la la la la la la la la

1 comment:

The Triscuit's Dad said...

Have you tried STAPLES?