Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday!
IMG

Today would have been my mom's 70th birthday.
IMG_0001
IMG_0002
IMG_0003
That is me up on that pony. Is that Gail leaning over? I find it hard to believe that she would get that close to a horse's mouth.
IMG_0005
She always made really interesting party hats. I like these a lot. They're totally charming.
IMG_0006
IMG_0007
I like this progression.

Young Gail
mature gail
Little Girl Gail
Somewhat like my niece and nephews here...
gail sandy as girls
this one is one of my favorites, because my mom's face--that was her cranky face when she was all grown up, too.
gail as a clown
gail and rich at reception
My mom and pop at their wedding reception.
gail and rich at Nana and Poppa's 47th Anniversary
Mom and Dad at my Nana and Poppa's 47th anniversary
gail and rich in pleasantville
Mom and Pop in their younger days...
gail dad heather mom
My mom's last Easter. I'm leaning over her because we didn't put her wig on--so I just covered her head with my hair--goodness knows I had plent of it. Gail bought me that dress. A lot of people came over that Easter, which was unusual for us, but a nice day.

So that's it. Happy would've-been Birthday to my Mom. We miss her. We all miss her. I wish she could have met all our babies--in the family and out of the family (there's a LOT of babies around--and getting grown-up kids now, too)!

2 comments:

I said...

Well done, Feather! I thought about it as well this week - until the actual day. And now I feel like a tool b/c I didn't call Dad. Oh well.

I said...

Blog about Gail's shower.