Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crazy winter weekends...
So, sometimes I'm bored.
But not lately. It seems that everyday is filled with dinner out, or a birthday party or...work...
This weekend was Shannon's 29th birthday!
IMG_8114
We went out to the Blackthorn. I drank like I was on a mission. A mission that I completed successfully, I might add. Shannon had a happy birthday, and was almost not hobbling by the end of the night (she's got a...foot problem).
Then, on Sunday, was my friend Stephanie's Third Birthday! She was born the same day as my Lochlain-boy, a year later! She and her sister are my compadres. We know what we're about.
IMG_8338
There she is after blowing out the candles, with her sister Theresa giving her a squeeze. She was really cute and happy, but towards the end there she was pretty tired. And me, too. I was pretty tired, even though I spent most of the afternoon making faces at this gal:
IMG_8277
"Oooooo"
IMG_8309
Giving you the hairy eyeballIMG_8364
Hilarious picture, if terribly unflattering of me.
And, making his well-dressed debut, Miiisssttttaaaahhh Paaaaaauuuuullliiieee LLLLyyyynnnch!
IMG_8402
After Steph's rocking party, I went home and saw on Facebook (the biggest time suckage of my life) that Schmelly Melly was starting to pack up the apartment for the big move (fingers crossed) and so I offered to help! I was told to just come over, no packing necessary. So I did. And it was snowing--but I didn't care, because I'm the proud owner of two new tires full of traction-y goodness. The tires and the car are another story - the story of Thursday--a terrible day, so I will not bring it up.
But Schmelly Melly and Joseph the Fernt are the mom and dad of my arch nemesis, Aiden...the kid hated me. He would see me and start to protest! Melanie said this could be aleviated by me spending more time with him. I wasn't convinced. But then I learned something. This kid likes to have his picture taken! And, therefore, he was taken with me! No more nemesis!
IMG_3340
I don't like you.
IMG_8455
I like you just fine, Feather.
So, the truce happened and we hung out, and I went home.
Monday brought it's own excitement. We went to see our friend Joe in Willy Wonka Live, a one hour children's play put on by Plaza Productions. I see some subtle Christian overtones in this play, with Willy as God and Charlie as a surrogate Jesus. There was no Slugworth, but if there was he would have been Pontius Pilate. Veruca as Judas? Violet as Peter? I'm not sure where this is going, but I did learn that you should tell the truth even if no one caught you doing whatever was wrong, evil or against the rules. And sometimes, if you climb a ladder, you might think you're flying. But Joe was good, and he really carried the whole thing anyway.
Then Gail, Katie, Christine S., Sam and I went to Applebees for lunch and Katie came with Gail and I to pick my dad up at Laguardia. Whoo hoo. Then we went to Michaels, where Gail and I stood on line in front of a terrible lady who thought that people who didn't help her in Michaels were "fat and Lazy". I know you know what I'm thinking, karma-wise. I'm not supposed to say that stuff out loud anymore, it angers the universe.

No comments: